Falls are the leading cause of injury, death and trauma-related hospital admissions among people 65 and older, and at Northeast Georgia Medical Center, we want to help. The Rehabilitation Institute at NGMC will lead you through the Otago Falls Prevention Program, an individually tailored balance and strength program, led by Otago-certified therapists.
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you might be a good fit for the Otago Falls Prevention Program.
- Have you fallen in the past year?
- Do you feel unsteady when walking?
- Are you fearful of falling?
What does the program involve?
- Leg muscle strengthening and balance exercises, increasing in difficulty after each visit.
- A walking plan is encouraged.
- Exercises take about 30 minuites to complete. Participants are expected to exercise three times a week and go for a walk at least twice a week.
Do you have questions about the program? Please call 770-219-8200 and we are here to assist you.