Call 770-219-1932 to make a referral today!
Inpatient Medical Rehabilitation is a 24-bed inpatient unit located inside Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) Gainesville.
The goal of NGMC’s Inpatient Medical Rehabilitation Program is to help the people we serve become as independent as possible for a safe and successful return to home.
Each patient’s program is highly individualized and dependent upon each person’s needs. We encourage family members or any other member of the patient’s support system to be actively involved in the patient’s care and to attend therapy sessions whenever possible, so they may reinforce new techniques being taught and encourage their loved one. Research has found a correlation between patient support system involvement and the successful transition to home.
Our adult rehabilitation and stroke specialty programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Our outcomes are measured and compared to regional and national data to ensure we maintain state-of-the-art treatment. Click the links below for more detailed information about our 2018 outcomes and the people we serve:
- Inpatient Medical Rehab Report Card and Demographics
- Adolescents Outcomes Report Card
- Amputation Outcomes Report Card
- Brain Injury Outcomes Report Card
- Neurological Outcomes Report Card
- Spinal Cord Injury Outcomes Report Card
- Stroke Outcomes Report Card
Any adult patient who has suffered an accident, illness or injury accompanied by a significant functional limitation that prevents a return to home and community may be a candidate for inpatient medical rehabilitation services at the Rehabilitation Institute.
To be considered for admission, candidates must exhibit the following characteristics:
- Functional loss that would require the treatment of at least two of the following therapies: physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech- language pathology
- The ability to actively participate in our intensive program of therapies, which is scheduled at a minimum of 3 hours per day, 5 days per week
- A medical condition or conditions that would require close monitoring and management by our medical team led by a physiatrist (a physician who specializes in rehabilitation medicine) and rehabilitation nursing
- Have a support system of family, friends and/or caregivers who would aid in the safe transition from rehab to home
The Inpatient Medical Rehabilitation Unit’s patient selection process seeks to represent the cultural diversity of our service area.
Referring a Patient
To make a referral, call 770-219-1932. An intake coordinator will schedule an on-site evaluation at no charge. If the patient meets the admission criteria, arrangements for admission will be coordinated with the referral source. If the patient does not meet admission criteria, the coordinator will make recommendations to other appropriate resources.
Additional Services Available
Additional onsite services are available, including:
- Medical Services
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Laboratory Services
As an inpatient unit at NGMC Gainesville, we have 24/7 access to the above services as needed. Alternative resources and services that aren’t available on site will be consulted as appropriate.
Fees, deductibles, and out-of-pocket maximums differ for every patient, depending on specific insurance plans and program services provided, and amounts already applied to out-of-pocket costs in the current calendar year. For guidance on your benefits, please contact our admissions department at 770-219-1932.
We strive to ensure that you receive quality care throughout your stay with us. It is our responsibility to uphold your patient rights such that your personal information is kept private, you have the right to request your records, and your rehabilitation experience incorporates your freedom of choice and is free from abuse, financial exploitation, humiliation and neglect of any kind. Your concerns and comments are always welcome and will be addressed in timely and positive manner, free from retaliation.