Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) Gainesville brings exceptional healthcare directly to the surrounding communities of Northeast Georgia.
NGMC Gainesville is the 557-bed flagship hospital of Northeast Georgia Health System. Since first opening its doors in 1951, NGMC Gainesville has grown to offer capabilities in care such as:
- Level I Trauma Center
- 23 operating rooms
- Emergency services
- 32-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Ronnie Green Heart Center (18-bed Cardiovascular ICU and 17-Bed Critical Care Unit)
- Women & Children’s Pavilion with Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
For the most up-to-date information on visitation, please click here.
There are several options for food and dining available at the NGMC Gainesville campus.
The Bright Spot
Located on the first floor of the North Patient Tower. The Bright Spot features Chick-fil-A Express, Starbucks, and a Bistro providing a variety of sandwiches and salads.
Monday – Saturday
- Grill – Breakfast 7 – 10 a.m. | Lunch 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Chick-fil-A/Starbucks – Breakfast 6:30 – 10 a.m. | Lunch 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Chick-fil-A/Starbucks – Breakfast 6:30 – 10 a.m. | Lunch 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Cafeteria & Grill
A cafeteria with grill is located on the ground floor of the South Patient Tower. The cafeteria offers full course and short order meals served daily along with ready-made sandwiches and salads.
6:15 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
10:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
4:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday
10:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
9:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
Saturday – Sunday
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
9:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
Vending areas are available in the waiting areas of each floor, with a large vending area available past the Dawn McKibbon Memorial Chapel and Patient Discharge on the first floor of the North Tower. A large vending area is also available on the ground floor of the South Tower.
Our Patient Experience team is available to assist you with questions or suggestions about the care provided at our facility. For suggestions, questions or feedback, please call the Patient Experience team at 770-219-2998.
The customer service line is available live 5 days a week from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and will then be answered by voicemail.
Patients who are currently at our Gainesville campus can contact Patient Experience by dialing 9-2998 from your room phone.
Directions & Parking
- Take exit 22 for US-129 toward Gainesville/Jefferson
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto E E Butler Pkwy (signs for US 129 N)
- Continue on E E Butler Pkwy/US 129 N for 1.5 miles
- Turn right onto Jesse Jewell Pkwy SE
- Continue on Jewell Pkwy SE for .6 miles
- Turn left onto Wisteria Drive
- Take exit 24 for U.S. 129 N/GA-369 W toward Gainesville/Cumming
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto GA-369 W/
- US-129 N/Jesse Jewell Pkwy SE
- Continue to follow GA-369 W/Jesse Jewell Pkwy SE for 1.8 miles
- Turn right onto Wisteria Drive
Click the image to view a larger version.
Contact A Patient
You can contact a patient by phone or by sending them a message:
There are two ways to contact a patient by phone:
- Dial 770-219 + Room Number
- Call 770-219-9000 and ask to be transferred to the patient’s room
This service is available between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m.
You can submit a message for a patient using a simple contact form. The message will be printed and delivered by our hospital staff.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Window Shops are temporarily closed as NGHS facilities have implemented restricted visitation guidelines. Online orders can be delivered to patient rooms at NGMC Gainesville or shipped directly to your address.
Gifts and flowers are welcome at Northeast Georgia Medical Center but please be aware:
ICU, oncology, and immunocompromised patients may receive gifts but not flowers or plants. This is due to the fact that flowers and plants can harbor mold and water-borne organisms which could cause additional infection and we want your loved one to have the cleanest and safest environment for healing.
Volunteers assist with a variety of non-medical duties and provide kind and compassionate support to patients, family members, and visitors.
Classes & Events
Explore upcoming classes and events offered around this campus.
Growing the Greater Good
Anticipated to open in early 2025, the 927,000 square-foot tower will be located next to the existing North Patient Tower on the Northeast Georgia Medical Center Gainesville campus, making the hospital the third largest in the state by bed size.