Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s Wound Healing Center (WHC) uses state-of-the-art techniques to help patients with wounds that are slow to heal or are not healing properly.
The WHC provides access to a specially trained multi-discliplinary staff, including:
- Wound/ostomy/continence nurses
- Hyperbaric technicians
- General medicine physicians
- Physical medicine physicians
- Rehabilitation physicians
- Internal medicine physicians
- General surgeons
- Plastic surgeons
We offer advanced wound treatment options, inluding but not limited to:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO)– click here to learn more about HBO therapy
- Bio-engineered tissue substitutes
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Total contact casting
- Advanced dressings
The WHC offers ostomy services to care for patients who have had surgery to add ostomies following gastrointestinal or genitourinary tract disease.
Click here to read an article about Sally Adams Smith, a NGMC Wound Healing Center (WHC) patient, who was featured in an issue of Communicare, the FREE NGMC health education magazine.
Contact our team
For more information about the WHC, talk to your doctor or call the Wound Healing Center at NGMC directly.