Are you suffering from one of the following conditions?
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Coccyx/Tailbone pain
- Hip pain
- Pelvic pain (superficial/deep)
- Scar adhesions/hypersensitivity
- Disorders of the bowel
- Disorders of the bladder
- Sexual dysfunction/pelvic pain
- Post-surgical pain
- Pregnancy or postpartum related pelvic pain
If so, pelvic floor physical therapy may be for you.
What is Pelvic Floor Therapy?
Pelvic Floor Therapy is a treatment for problems related to the pelvic floor, a group of muscles that support the urinary and reproductive tracts.
Our pelvic floor physical therapists specialize in the muscles, tissues and nerves and conditions which affect the pelvic floor. Your therapist will first ask you some questions about your history and you will have the opportunity to share your concerns.
After the initial assessment, your therapist will create a treatment plan tailored to you.
What is the Goal of Pelvic Floor Therapy?
- Controlled use of your bowels/bladder
- Decreased pain and reduced medication
- Reduced need for further surgery
- Education on exercises to help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles
- Education on treatment options
For more information, call 770-848-6160.