Financial Assistance Policy
At Northeast Georgia Health System, we believe that no one should delay seeking medical care because they lack insurance or have high medical costs. That’s why we assist patients with applying for public health coverage programs and offer discounts, payment plans or free care to eligible uninsured or underinsured patients for medically necessary care.
Financial Assistance Eligibility Requirements
- Patient has received emergency care
- Patient has received or is scheduled for medically necessary care and resides in the Northeast Georgia Health System service area (defined below):
- Emergency care means if services are not received, the patient’s health will be placed in serious jeopardy, the patient might experience serious impairment to bodily functions or serious dysfunction to a bodily organ. With respect to a pregnant woman who is having contractions, there is inadequate time for safe transfer to another hospital before delivery or the transfer may pose a threat or safety of the woman or her unborn child.
- Medically necessary care means care which is appropriate and consistent with the diagnosis and if not received could adversely affect or fail to improve the patient’s condition. It is care that is not cosmetic, experimental or deemed to be non-reimbursable by traditional insurance carriers and governmental payers. It is care that is deemed medically necessary by an examining physician’s determination.
- Patient’s gross family income is between 0 and 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, adjusted for family size
NGHS Service Area by Zip Code
30011, 30019, 30028, 30040, 30041, 30501, 30502, 30503, 30504, 30506, 30507, 30510, 30511, 30512, 30514, 30515, 30517, 30518, 30519, 30523, 30525, 30527, 30528, 30529, 30530, 30531, 30533, 30534, 30535, 30537, 30538, 30542, 30543, 30545, 30546, 30547, 30548, 30549, 30552, 30554, 30557, 30558, 30562, 30563, 30564, 30565, 30566, 30567, 30568, 30571, 30572, 30573, 30575, 30576, 30577, 30580, 30581, 30582, 30597, 30598, 30599, 30620, 30666, 30680
Applying for Financial Assistance
Downloadable forms and resources are located at the bottom of this page.
To get help with enrolling in a government-sponsored health coverage program, to learn about the uninsured patient discount policy, to learn about setting up a payment plan or to apply for our Financial Assistance Program, please stop by any Hospital Financial Navigator office, visit us online or call us at (770) 219-1898.
The Financial Assistance application and policy may be found on the Hospital’s website. Printed copies of the Hospital’s Financial Assistance Policy or this Plain Language Summary may be obtained, at no charge, by visiting or calling a Hospital Financial Navigator. You may contact a Financial Navigator for a copy of the application, for assistance to complete an application and to discuss any questions you might have. Contact the Financial Assistance Department at (770) 219-1898
Financial Navigator Offices
1400 River Place
Braselton, GA 30517