At Northeast Georgia Health System, we believe that no one should delay seeking medical care because they lack insurance or have high medical costs. That’s why we assist patients with applying for public health coverage programs and offer discounts, payment plans or free care to eligible uninsured or underinsured patients for medically necessary care.
- Patient has received emergency care
- Patient has received or is scheduled for medically necessary care and resides in the Northeast Georgia Health System service area (defined below):
- Emergency care means if services are not received, the patient’s health will be placed in serious jeopardy, the patient might experience serious impairment to bodily functions or serious dysfunction to a bodily organ. With respect to a pregnant woman who is having contractions, there is inadequate time for safe transfer to another hospital before delivery or the transfer may pose a threat or safety of the woman or her unborn child.
- Medically necessary care means care which is appropriate and consistent with the diagnosis and if not received could adversely affect or fail to improve the patient’s condition. It is care that is not cosmetic, experimental or deemed to be non-reimbursable by traditional insurance carriers and governmental payers. It is care that is deemed medically necessary by an examining physician’s determination.
- Patient’s gross family income is between 0 and 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, adjusted for family size
The following zip codes are recognized as residing within the Northeast Georgia Health System service area:
30011, 30019, 30028, 30040, 30041, 30501, 30502, 30503, 30504, 30506, 30507, 30510, 30511, 30512, 30514, 30515, 30517, 30518, 30519, 30520, 30521, 30523, 30525, 30527, 30528, 30529, 30530, 30531, 30533, 30534, 30535, 30537, 30538, 30542, 30543, 30545, 30546, 30547, 30548, 30549, 30552, 30553, 30554, 30557, 30558, 30562, 30563, 30564, 30565, 30566, 30567, 30568, 30571, 30572, 30573, 30575, 30576, 30577, 30580, 30581, 30582, 30597, 30598, 30599, 30620, 30639, 30662, 30666, 30680
Downloadable forms and resources are located at the bottom of this page.
The Financial Assistance application, policy, and Plain Language Summary may be found below in the related documents section. Printed copies of these documents may also be obtained, at no charge, by calling the Financial Navigation Department at 770-219-1898 or sending a message to the Financial Assistance message pool within MyChart. You may also contact the Financial Navigation Department at this number or through MyChart for any assistance needed in completing the application or for any questions you may have.
Have questions? Please call 770-219-1898 during normal business hours to chat with our team.
Financial Assistance Documents
Plain Language Summary (PDF)