The Bariatric Weight Loss Center at Northeast Georgia Medical Center offers a comprehensive weight loss program designed to maximize each individual’s weight loss through non-surgical and medical weight loss approaches. We understand that surgery isn’t the right answer for everyone – that’s why we offer the latest treatment options and a multidisciplinary team dedicated to your success.
Our comprehensive medical weight loss program includes specialty-trained providers who can offer options for patients who are not ready for or do not qualify for bariatric surgery. The program is designed by board-certified obesity medicine specialists who work closely with you to develop a customized approach to treating obesity.
These non-surgical weight loss options offered at NGMC, include:
The non-surgical weight loss options offered at NGMC are tailored to your specific needs and monitored by a healthcare professional to ensure safe and effective results, including:
- Review of your past medical and family history, current medical conditions and medications
- Vital signs measurements with body mass index (BMI) calculation and waist circumference measurement
- Body composition analysis
- Comprehensive blood work
- Nutritional guidance and low-calorie weight loss plans
- Behavioral modifications
- Physical activity guidelines
- Genetic testing
- Medical management of weight loss with FDA-approved anti-obesity medications, when appropriate
Whether you need a step in the right direction or a complete revamp of your diet, our registered dietitians help support your weight loss, improve health and quality of life through nutrition counseling. Our team is committed to help better manage or prevent health conditions impacted by patients’ diet. Services include:
- One-on-one sessions and individualized goal setting
- Comprehensive nutrition and lifestyle assessment to determine your specific needs
- Individualized goal setting
- Practical tips and strategies to make healthy eating a reality with topics such as
- Easy meal planning
- Portion control
- Coping with emotional eating
- Eating out
- Managing hunger and appetite
The Bariatric Weight Loss Center at NGMC also offers a one-of-a-kind, non-surgical weight loss option for patients who are not ready or eligible for weight loss surgery. The intragastric balloon procedure is a proven, less invasive way to achieve significant weight loss – up to three times more weight than with diet and exercise alone.
The gastric balloon encourages weight loss by occupying space in the stomach, serving as built-in portion control. Patients typically report feeling full and satisfied, with less food. The procedure is completely reversible, and patients can often return to work or normal activities within a few days.
Why Choose the Bariatric Weight Loss Center at NGMC?
The board-certified obesity medicine specialists at NGMC have knowledge and experience in using evidence-based medicine to help people lose weight and keep it off. Patients can be screened for both surgical and non-surgical weight loss options, with the goal of creating a customized plan while maximizing weight loss outcomes and improving the overall health of our patients.
Begin Your Journey Today
There are three ways to get started:
- Watch our patient education video to learn about the options offered at NGMC.
- Connect with us using our short online form.
- Call 770-219-0446 to speak with a member of our team.