Our comprehensive medical weight loss program includes specialty-trained providers who can offer options for patients who are not ready for or do not qualify for bariatric surgery. The program is designed by board-certified obesity medicine specialists who work closely with you to develop a customized approach to treating obesity and providing optimal weight loss results.
What to Expect with Medical Weight Loss?
An initial assessment is completed to medically diagnose obesity and assess patient’s motivation for change. Our team will then work with you to establish realistic goals and develop a treatment plan unique to your needs to help achieve your weight loss goals. Our customized medical weight loss plans utilize a comprehensive four pillared approach to treating obesity, including Nutritional guidance, behavioral modifications, physical activity guidelines and medication, when determined appropriate.
The non-surgical weight loss options offered at NGMC are tailored to your specific needs and monitored by a healthcare professional to ensure safe and effective results, including:
- Review of your past medical and family history, current medical conditions and medications
- Vital sign measurements with body mass index (BMI) calculation and waist circumference measurement
- Body composition analysis
- Comprehensive blood work
- Nutritional guidance and low-calorie weight loss plans
- Behavioral modifications
- Physical activity guidelines
- Genetic testing
- Medical management of weight loss with FDA-approved anti-obesity medications, when appropriate
Following your initial consultation, patients will continue seeing their obesity medicine specialist as close supervision and accountability is valuable in helping patients manage their weight loss journey.
The board-certified obesity medicine specialists at NGMC have knowledge and experience in using evidence-based medicine to help people lose weight and keep it off. Patients can be screened for both surgical and non-surgical weight loss options, with the goal of creating a customized plan while maximizing weight loss outcomes and improving the overall health of our patients.
Begin Your Journey Today
There are three ways to get started:
- Watch our patient education video to learn about the options offered at NGMC.
- Connect with us using our short online form.
- Call 770-219-0446 to speak with a member of our team.