The Joint Care Center at Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) in Gainesville and Braselton offers a comprehensive, planned course of treatment for hip, knee and shoulder replacements.
From diagnosis through rehabilitation, our joint replacement program spans the treatment spectrum. The Joint Care Center is part of a dedicated orthopedic program at NGMC designed to provide comprehensive care for joint replacements and replacement revisions.
We believe in providing an environment that promotes a healthy and quick recovery by combining a healing atmosphere with the most advanced medical expertise, technology, and clinical staff. We employ a team approach that is centered on wellness and coordinated with you and your family.
- Dedicated joint care nurse navigators who guides patients through the entire process
- Casual clothes (no drafty gowns)
- Private patient rooms
- Family and friends participate in recovery process as “coaches”
- Patient informational guidebook detailing preparation before surgery all the way through your recovery and rehabilitation after surgery
- Free Pre-Operative Educational Class – Give us your time and we’ll give you the tools to help you prepare for your total joint replacement journey.
- Access to VOX OrthoCare, our new patient portal specifically for Joint Care patients.
Why Choose NGMC?
Our multi-disciplinary joint care team includes orthopedic surgeons, physicians’ assistants, patient care technicians, nurses, occupational and physical therapists. We offer specialized expertise and experience from surgery through recovery to deliver the best possible outcome for patients. Our long-standing tradition of performing and recovering a high volume of joint replacements using the most advanced techniques and best practices ensures our program has the necessary experience and foundation for returning patients back to enjoying an active and healthy lifestyle.
Meet Our Orthopedic Nurse Navigators
As a patient of the Joint Care Center, an Orthopedic Nurse Navigator will be responsible for your care from when your surgery is scheduled, through your time at the hospital until your rehabilitation is complete. Our Orthopedic navigators have a clinical background which allow them to provide valuable oversight throughout the surgical journey. Your nurse navigator will work closely with you and your care team to plan and tailor your treatment program to meet your individual needs. We believe that you play a key role in a successful recovery and will involve you throughout each step of the program.
- To educate and prepare you for surgery during a one-hour preoperative educational class where you will learn all you need to know about your joint replacement.
- Reviews what you will need at home after your surgery, including support, by working directly with case management and social work services.
- Coordinates your discharge plan to your home
- Understanding your plan for discharge (leaving the hospital) is an important task in the recovery process. You can expect help from your Orthopedic Navigator to develop a plan that meets your particular needs.
- Serves as your advocate from surgery through your recovery.
- Helps answer questions and coordinates your hospital care with our Joint Care Team
- You may call your Orthopedic Navigator at any time to ask questions or raise concerns about your upcoming surgery.
Connect with us today!
Are you ready to talk with a member of Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s orthopedic care team? Here are ways you can get started:
Connect with us using our short online form.
Choose a doctor from our expert orthopedic team.