NGMC cares for approximately 3,000 new cancer patients each year. That means our community has access to expert physicians, advanced cancer-fighting technologies and some of the nation’s leading clinical trials.
NGMC’s Cancer Services are accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) – a designation NGMC has held since 1958.
Patients who choose NGMC for their cancer care services enjoy many advantages, including:
The Cancer Center at NGMC treats close to 3,000 new patients each year.
Our cancer specialists trained at some of the nation’s most prestigious institutions, including Cleveland Clinic and MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Physicians across multiple specialties combine their expertise to determine the best treatment plan specifically for you.
National Clinical Trials
Through our partnership with Emory Winship Cancer Institute, NGMC patients have access to some of the leading national clinical trials, ensuring you have access to the latest research advances in cancer treatment close to home.
Certified Cancer Rehabilitation
NGMC is the first hospital in Georgia to provide certified cancer rehabilitation to help cancer survivors function at the highest level.
Our patient navigation program provides clinical, emotional and financial guidance and support throughout your cancer journey. NGMC is a recipient of the ACS transportation/lodging grant. Contact your patient navigator or call 770-219-5804 to learn more.
NGMC’s Cancer Services program offers some of the latest screening and treatment options including:
- Advanced imaging technologies for the most accurate diagnosis, including 3D mammography and lung cancer screening
- State-of-the-art radiation therapy techniques, including prostate seed implant, deep inspiration breath-hold, respiratory gated therapy, stereotactic radiation therapy (SRT) and Optune therapy for glioblastoma.
- Advanced chemotherapy
- Gynecological oncology
- Advanced surgical oncology, including robotic surgery treatments and sentinel node biopsy
- Biologic and hormone therapies
- 40+ ongoing cancer clinical trials
NGMC’s Cancer Services are accredited with commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer – the highest level of accreditation possible. This means our cancer patients benefit from a multidisciplinary approach to care, including a patient-centered focus and treatment planning based on evidence-based national guidelines.
NGMC is proud to be designated a Research Network Member of the GA NCORP, Georgia’s National Cancer Institute Community Oncology Research Program. As one of only 34 NCI community-based research programs, the GA NCORP research network provides Georgians in urban and rural areas with access to state-of-the-art cancer prevention, screening, control, treatment and post-treatment trials.
Read our 2021 Cancer Annual Report.
There are several treatment locations in our surrounding communities:
News & Press
- NGMC’s Cancer Services earns national accreditation
- Local Couple’s Journey with Cancer Leads to Transformational Gift
- NGMC’s Cancer Services Earns National Accreditation Renewal
Contact Us Today
For more information about Cancer Services available at the Northeast Georgia Medical Center, call 770-219-8815.