A cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming. Just navigating the healthcare system with different doctors, facilities, tests and decisions can be a confusing process. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) understands these challenges, and that’s why we offer our cancer patients a free service that extends care beyond the clinical level. Services are offered at all three hospital locations: NGMC Gainesville, NGMC Braselton and NGMC Barrow.
NGMC’s Cancer Patient Navigation Program provides cancer patients with guidance and support from cancer diagnosis through recovery.
How they serve our patients:
- Assist patients in coordination of care, often from diagnosis to completion of treatment and survivorship;
- Assess barriers to care and help engage patients and family members in decision-making;
- Educate patients and caregivers about the disease;
- Empower patients to communicate their healthcare treatment choices and actively participate in their care through self-management;
- Encourage active communication between patients and healthcare providers; and
- Provide access to financial resources and other support services.
Meet Our Nurse Navigators
Lisa Bridges, BSN, RN
Alison Evans, RN
Digestive, gynecologic and urological cancers
Cindy Mundy, BSN, RN
Alicia Harrison, RN
Supervisor and support for Navigation Team
Meet Our Patient Navigator
Jennifer Roberts, BSW
Assists nurse navigators in supporting patients across the health system and provides a vast array of resources for patients.