Our Trauma team integrates the best of science and innovative technology with sound outcomes as they treat patients suffering life-threatening injuries caused by trauma. Our multidisciplinary approach benefits from the involvement of colleagues from several departments across the health system.
- Areas of Active Research Include:
- Blunt cerebrovascular injury (BCVI)
- Chest-wall reconstruction/rib fixation
- Venous thromboembolism (VTE) Reduction
- Prehospital Whole Blood
- Prehospital Ultrasound
- Vascular Trauma
Beacon Award Winner
The Beacon Award for Excellence honors individual units that distinguish themselves by improving every facet of patient care. Beacon awardees improve patient outcomes, set the standard for excellence on patient and staff satisfaction, and signify a positive and supportive work environment with greater collaboration between colleagues and leaders.
Our dedicated 16 bed Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit was recognized for its evidence-based practice to improve patient care and outcomes. Learn more
- NGMC Trauma Program Director Earns National Nursing Leadership AwardIn a year that was once again marked by the COVID-19 pandemic, Jesse Gibson, Trauma Program Director at Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC), went above and beyond the call of her job. And although she isn’t one to look for the spotlight, Gibson was rewarded for her work as she was recently named the 2022 […]
- NGMC and Regional Trauma Advisory Committee Changing How Blood Transfusions Save LivesNortheast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) and the Region 2 Regional Trauma Advisory Committee (RTAC) are partnering on new blood transfusion programs that will increase trauma patients’ chances of surviving both in ambulances and at the hospital. Starting in early 2020, NGMC will be the lead agency in a state-approved pilot program that will allow EMS teams […]