Get a credit on your income tax by supporting your local hospital.
Faced with unprecedented hardships in recent years, rural hospitals across Georgia are facing a financial crisis endangering access to adequate healthcare for many in our community.
The good news is that you can help. Through the Georgia Rural Hospital Tax Credit program, you can allocate a portion of your state tax burden directly to local hospitals and health systems. Your tax dollars can help secure the future of health care across Georgia.
Two hospitals in Northeast Georgia Health System rank among the top 10 hospitals in need across all of Georgia. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) Lumpkin and Habersham Medical Center – which will become NGMC Habersham on July 1 – are rural hospitals and are eligible to receive funding through the Rural Hospital Tax Credit program. Your support will make a lasting impact on patients and our community.
Receive a Tax Credit
If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a 100% state income tax credit for contributing to your designated Rural Hospital Organization (RHO), as follows (January through June):
- Individual Filer – up to $5,000
- Married Filing Jointly – up to $10,000
- C Corporation, Trust, or Pass-Through Entity electing to pay tax at entity level – up to 75% of Georgia Tax Liability
- Individual Owner of S-Corp, LLC, or Partnership (Pass-Through Entity) NOT paying tax at entity level – up to $10,000
How To Sign Up:
- Complete the 2023 tax credit application with Georgia HEART. Make sure to select Northeast Georgia Medical Center – Lumpkin or Habersham Medical Center.
- Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) in the order in which it is received.
- DOR informs you and Georgia HEART of approval within 30 days, indicating the amount for which approval was granted.
- Georgia HEART emails you with detailed instructions regarding how and where to make your payment.
- You will send a check to the Georgia HEART office (made payable to the hospital) by posted deadline, which is 180 days from date of DOR approval.
- Georgia HEART will confirm your contribution to DOR through the Georgia Tax Center (“GTC”) website and will email Form IT-QEE-RHO1 for tax filing purposes.
- Claim the 100% Georgia income tax credit when you file your state income tax return for the year in which the contribution is made.
Thank You to our 2022 Participants!
NGHS is grateful to those who supported NGMC Lumpkin with their tax deferment for the 2022 calendar year. As a result of their support, NGMC Lumpkin was able to offer new services in 2022 like out-patient testing to enable patients to stay close to home for routine labs as well as more dedicated personnel in areas like the Emergency Department, streamlining processes and improving the patient experience.
- Alexander Consulting Group, Inc.
- Sherry & Jeffrey Askey
- Bridgemill Neurological Associates
- Carol & Steven Burrell
- Amelia Collins
- Leanne & Roy Cork
- Debbie & Andrew Davis
- Lynn & Mitchell Davis
- Laura & Andrew Fuqua
- Jodi & Adam Ganz
- Shannon & David Hughs
- Yasamin & Humza Ilyas
- Meghan & Benjamin Johnson
- Ashley & Robert Jones
- Janine & John McKenney
- Sonja & Scott McLendon
- Wylie & Monica Newton
- Brenda Hott & David Olansky
- Patricia & Sam Rauch
- Raymond James And Associates, Inc.
- Kelly & Raleigh Robinson
- Crystyl & Brian Steines
- Ellen & Patrick Toms
- Anitha Matthew & Mark Tweedie
- Melissa & Daniel Tymchuk
- Tracy & John Vardeman
- Laura & Richard Whitehead
- Xiao Lu & Kam Wong