Thank you for your interest in the Health System Auxiliary’s Teen Volunteer Program!
NGHS Auxiliary’s Teen Volunteer Program offers high school students a great opportunity to volunteer within hospital campuses of Northeast Georgia Health System. Teen Volunteers brighten lives with their positive spirit as they volunteer to enhance the quality of services provided to patients and visitors, and often they are gaining valuable exposure to healthcare careers. Being a teen volunteer is a great way to develop a college, technical school, or job reference.
Application Requirements for Summer 2022:
- Teens are required to be 15-years old by June 1st to apply
- Enrolled as a high school student with acceptable grades and school reference
- Review the NGHS Volunteer Handbook and NGHS Corporate Compliance Handbook before completing the volunteer application.
- Complete a volunteer interview
- Commit to following program guidelines and volunteering a minimum of 30 hours within a 4- to-6-week period during the summer.
- Complete NGHS health requirements through NGHS Employee Health before volunteering. Health requirements include documentation of 2 MMR vaccinations or MMR titers, Varicella immunization, Flu vaccination when volunteering during flu season, being fully vaccinated for COVID-19, which requires being permitted to volunteer two weeks following the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
- Complete NGHS Volunteer Orientation and Training
How to Apply:
1) Download the following items:
- Teen Volunteer Application – Download
- Teacher recommendation
- Background check form
2) Please send your completed application via email (preferred) or by mail to the addresses listed below.
If you fill out the PDF digitally, remember to “save” so that your information is captured in the PDF you plan to email to us.
743 Spring Street
Gainesville, GA 30501
1400 River Place
Braselton, GA 30517
3) NGHS Teen Volunteer Applications will be reviewed and a volunteer services team member will email you regarding the status of your volunteer application.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-219-1830.
The Teen Volunteer Program is now full for 2022.
Thank you for your interest in the Health System Auxiliary’s Teen Volunteer program. Due to the number of teens enlisted to return from the summer of 2021 and the positive response from prospective teen volunteer applicants, teen volunteer applications for the summer of 2022 are no longer being accepted.
Please inquire again in early 2023 for information regarding the summer 2023 Teen Volunteer program. Your interest in volunteering with the Health System is appreciated.