NGHS Auxiliary’s Teen Volunteer Program offers high school students a great opportunity to volunteer within hospital campuses of Northeast Georgia Health System and enhance the quality of healthcare. The program is a valuable experience for high school students who want to learn more about healthcare careers and give back to their community. Being a teen volunteer is also a great way to earn a college, technical school, or job reference.
Teen Volunteer Requirements:
- Teens are required to be 15-years old to apply
- Enrolled as a high school student with acceptable grades and teacher reference
- Review the NGHS Volunteer Handbook and NGHS Corporate Compliance Handbook before completing the volunteer application.
- NGHS Teen Volunteers are required to meet the NGHS health requirements with proof of immunizations, including being fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
How can teens apply?
1) Complete the NGHS Teen Volunteer Application:
3) NGHS Teen Volunteer applications will be reviewed and a volunteer services team member will email you regarding the status of your volunteer application.
If you have questions, email email@example.com or call 770-219-1830.
The Teen Volunteer Program is now full for 2023.
The summer of 2023 NGHS Auxiliary Teen Volunteer Program has reached capacity.
If you have an interest receiving information about the 2024 Teen Volunteer Program, please complete the volunteer interest form and indicate your preferences.
Teen Volunteers assist in a variety of volunteer service areas to gain more exposure to careers in healthcare. They perform non-clinical tasks or assist in nursing units or departments such as:
- In-patient rehab
- Emergency services
- Sterile processing and materials management
- Infection Control
- Patient Friend – Nursing Unit
- Patient Friend – Emergency Services
- The Window Shops
Teen volunteers also assist with a variety of special projects, such as clerical projects, making phone calls and cards for long-term care residents; offering refreshments to visitors and staff in waiting and public areas; making Window Shop patient gift deliveries; or unpacking gift merchandise
We aim to provide an intensive experience for teen volunteers to explore various areas of the hospital system. For this reason, we ask that teen volunteers are to commit to at least 30 hours within a 4- to-6-week period during the summer to have an effective volunteer experience and ensure that the NGHS Teen Volunteer Program fulfills the requests of a variety of service areas throughout the hospital system.
Volunteer Services uses the volunteer management software Volgistics to track volunteer service hours. Volunteers are responsible for signing in and out for each shift to record service hours.
Yes! Teens volunteering during the school year are asked to volunteer weekly or bi-weekly and a Volunteer Services team member will coordinate schedules on an individual basis with teen volunteers. Several students have also volunteered during the school year through their high school’s work-based learning program.
Experienced teen volunteers who are in good standing with the NGHS Auxiliary Teen Program are permitted to return to volunteer without reapplying, however teen volunteers will receive a survey form by email and are required to notify the volunteer services department of their return to the program by the requested date.