The staff at Northeast Georgia Medical Center is proud to have been a part of thousands of births in the more than 50 years we’ve been delivering babies.
At NGMC, we believe in Mother/Baby Care, which allows you to actively participate in caring for your newborn during your hospital visit. Our role in helping you bond with your baby is as important as the delivery itself. Part of Mother/Baby Care is having your baby in the room with you as much as you’d like. By choosing us as your hospital, you place a very special trust in us, and we will make your stay memorable and pleasant.
- Labor, Delivery & Recovery (LDR) rooms with flat panel televisions and comfortable sofa beds for dads
- All LDR rooms include a private bath with a soaking tub
- An all new on-site Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with individual, private rooms
- Outdoor garden to enjoy while you wait
- State of the art C-section suites
- Perinatology services including genetic counseling, 3-D and 4-D ultrasound, nuchal translucency certification and fetal echocardiography
- Hotel-style amenities including 4″ memory foam mattresses and comfortable sofa beds for dads
- Private baths with hydrotherapy showers
- Built-in music interfaces
- On-site lactation services
- State-of-the-art C-section suites
Everything You Need & Want
Northeast Georgia Medical Center has been delivering babies for more than 50 years. Our priority is Mother/Baby Care. This ensures mothers will be able to actively participate in caring for their newborns during the hospital visit. We prioritize mother and baby bonding, allowing you to have your baby in the room with you as much as you’d like.
Comfort & Safety
The comfort and safety of our families are our highest priority. We also understand the need for peace and quiet during your stay and have made extra effort to reduce any unnecessary noise. Our labor and delivery units are “locked units,” therefore only visitors who have checked-in with security and are allowed permission are allowed access. As an additional level of protection for our babies, we use the CUDDLES infant security system, featuring a soft, self-adjusting band that attaches to the infant’s ankle for assured rest.
- Creating a Safe Sleep Environment for Your BabyThere’s a lot to think about as a new parent, but nothing more important than keeping your baby […]
- The Harkness Family Neonatal ICU StoryGuest blog by Jen Harkness | Mother of NGMC NICU graduate and thriving 7-month-old baby girl, Eloise Harkness […]
- Navigating the Grief from Pregnancy and Infant LossPregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month was first declared by President Ronald Reagan on October 15, 1988. On […]
- Scheduling Your Mammogram During the COVID-19 PandemicThe COVID-19 pandemic has caused many of us re-think our routines due to having to balance remote work, […]