Balance disorders and dizziness are some of the most common causes of falls. The Rehabilitation Institute offers Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation to help people with dizziness and balance issues, improve mobility, and regain confidence.
Conditions we treat include:
- Balance issues due to vestibular, inner ear, central nervous system problems or other conditions
- Motion sensitivity
- History of falls, near-falls, or any loss of balance
Our Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation is guided by a physical therapist, specializing in the treatment of vestibular and balance disorders, who will:
- Review your medical history
- Asses your dizziness and vertigo (if applicable)
- Perform a comprehensive evaluation including:
- Balance assessment
- Eye movement and vision assessment
- Assessment of gait and musculoskeletal function
- Utilize state-of-the-art computer –aided analysis of balance and dizziness disorders by using:
- A reactive balance machine
- Specialized infrared goggles
- Visual acuity equipment
- Educate you about the cause of your dizziness and balance issues
- Develop and individualized treatment plan specifically designed to your needs and goals
If you are experiencing balance problems, dizziness or falls, we can help! Let Northeast Georgia’s ONLY Balance and Vestibular Program help your work toward independence, improved safety, and better quality of life.
Ask your physician to call 770-219-8200 to refer you to the Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation Program.