People living in and around the Buford area can look forward to a new urgent care center and more convenient access to specialty care, as Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) broke ground to build a Medical Plaza at the corner of Buford Highway and South Lee Street this afternoon.
“This new, multi-tenant building strengthens our commitment to serving this community with one convenient location that provides a wide range of healthcare services,” says Carol Burrell, President and CEO of NGHS. “This Medical Plaza will mean more available appointments, with less lead time and much less travel.”
The three-story, 90,000-square-foot Medical Plaza is expected to see more than 100,000 visits per year after it opens in Spring 2022. It will be home to:
- A new Urgent Care location – open 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., seven days a week
- Cardiology provided by The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center
- Northeast Georgia Physician Group services including family medicine, OB/GYN, urology, sports medicine, orthopedic surgery and general surgery services
- A new Imaging Center providing MRIs, CT scans, X-rays, mammograms, ultrasounds, bone density scans and more
- An on-site lab for convenient testing
“Northeast Georgia Health System has been an outstanding partner with the City of Buford dating back to the 1990s, and they’ve involved us from the beginning of this project to preserve greenspace and integrate into our vision for the downtown area,” says Bryan Kerlin, Buford’s City Manager. “It’s exciting to see this level of investment closer to the city limits, especially at such a highly visible intersection, and the Medical Plaza will provide an array of great healthcare services, which should help improve the health of so many people in this community.
People can already schedule family medicine appointments in Buford by visiting ngpg.org/buford or calling 770-848-5200. You can also schedule cardiology appointments by visiting heartngmc.org/buford or calling 770-848-7160.