Respecting Choices® is a community initiative to empower you to have your voice in your healthcare. We want to encourage you to Make Your Choices so we Can Respect Your Choices. To date we have done over 76 presentations throughout our 18-county service area distributing over 5000 Advance Directives.
“I am grateful for the Advanced Care Planning Program. This program has given us an opportunity to care for our children by letting them know what we want for our healthcare.”Pam Thompson
ACP Community Volunteer
Request a Community Presentation
- For Who? This can be for your church, your neighborhood, your friends or clubs, or just your family.
- What about COVID? We can meet via Zoom or socially distanced with masks at a mutually agreed upon location.
- What Do We Do? We will come and bring Advance Directives, conversation resources, and Plan in a Cans for all attendees. We will walk through the Advance Directive and answer any questions.
- How Long Does It Take? Plan for a minimum of an hour and sometimes more with questions.
- How Do I Request a Presentation? Complete the Contact Us form and we will reach out to you to put a date on the calendar.
Resources to Print
- Advance Directive For Healthcare (Fillable PDF)
- Directiva Anticipada para el Cuidado de la Salud (PDF)
- Advance Care Planning Booklet (PDF)
- Setting Health Care Goals (PDF)
- Plan-In-A-Can (Fillable PDF)
Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST)
POLST is a portable medical order that consolidates the treatment wishes of an individual considered in their last year of life or one who has been diagnosed with dementia or another degenerative disease that results in impaired thinking, memory or behavior. A POLST must be completed and signed by a physician and the patient or their authorized person. It is intended to facilitate communication and ensure that a patient’s wishes are followed regardless of where care is being provided.
The Georgia POLST Collaborative is part of the National POLST Paradigm which is an approach to end-of-life planning that emphasizes patients’ wishes about the care they receive.