Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) named Robbie Morgan, lead media specialist, its 2015 Employee of the Year during the second of three events this week to recognize long-tenured employees for their service.
“Given the nature of his job, it’s possible that Robbie has personally interacted with more of our 7,000-plus employees than anyone else,” said Carol Burrell, president and CEO of NGHS. “He is often required to come in for early morning meetings and stay late for after hours events – and always does so with a smile and kind demeanor. Robbie has made a tremendous impact on the success of our Health System.”
Robbie joined NGHS in 2004. As lead media specialist, he handles the majority of the Health System’s audio/visual needs. He’s often asked to play his saxophone during events – ranging from the annual Love Light Tree Lighting Celebration to donor events – at Northeast Georgia Medical Center. Robbie is described by his peers as professional, likeable, eager to help and dedicated to getting it right. Robbie’s wife, Jill, also works for NGHS in its Payroll department. They have two sons, Zachary and Matthew.
During all three Service Award Banquets, NGHS recognized a total of 607 employees for their tenure:
- 254 for five years of service
- 146 employees for 10 years of service
- 95 employees for 15 years of service
- 41 employees for 20 years of service
- 19 employees for 25 years of service
- 33 employees for 30 years of service
- 11 employees for 35 years of service
- Six employees for 40 years of service
- Two employees for 45 years of service