In-home palliative care at Northeast Georgia Medical Center is one of the many programs that fall under hospice care. The goal of in-home palliative care is to help manage symptoms related to your diagnosis. NGMC partners with you to provide exceptional care to patients and to create a care plan that fits your specific needs.
In-home palliative care of NGMC can help enhance quality of life through symptom management and emotional support for you and your loved one.
When is In-Home Palliative Care Needed?
If you or your loved one is seriously ill and experiencing functional limitations, frailty, frequent hospitalizations or other serious symptoms, in-home palliative care may help. In-home palliative care is appropriate when an individual has a taxing effort to leave home, becoming homebound.
How Does In-Home Palliative Care Work?
Our in-home palliative care team will provide care at your place of residence – whether in your home, assisted living facility, long-term care facility or the home of a family member or friend.
Our care team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, chaplains, social workers and a bereavement team. We work alongside physicians to provide care, which allows us to more aggressively treat symptoms and provide relief while enhancing quality of life.
In-Home Palliative Care Services
Your in-home palliative care team will:
- Help you understand your illness or disease
- Coordinate with those involved in your loved one’s care or treatment
- Help relieve symptoms, discomfort or stress
- Clarify treatments and options
- Assist you and your family regarding medical decisions
Benefits & Resources
- We are Northeast Georgia Health System’s dedicated hospice team serving patients for 30+ years.
- Hospice of NGMC received the annual Hospice Elite award for two consecutive years.
- You, the patient, caregivers and with your Primary Physician will oversee your hospice care.
- We offer in-home consultations at no cost to patients.
- Medicare & Medicaid cover hospice services at 100%.
- We have designated nurse staffing for after hour, weekend & holiday care.
- We offer a range of complementary services to help improve patients’ quality of life.
Hospice Honors Elite
Hospice of Northeast Georgia Medical Center was the recipient of the annual Hospice Elite award in 2017, 2018 and 2020!
Hospice of NGMC received this special recognition by scoring above the national and local average on all quality measures. This prestigious annual review recognizes hospices that continually provide the highest level of quality care as measured from the caregiver’s point of view.
How Do I Get Started?
Complete the contact form above or call 770-219-8888 to speak with our Access Center Nurse. She will walk you through what is needed to begin care. We would be honored to be chosen to walk through this journey with you or your family member.
Hospice License # 069-160H