There’s nothing better than an ooey-gooey brownie; especially one that’s good for your heart health, too. With healthy fatty acids from coconut oil, flavonoid-rich dark chocolate and antioxidant-packed walnuts, you can’t go wrong with this delicious and nutritious recipe.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. organic coconut oil or you can substitute will 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. all-natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 TBS. agave nectar OR honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup minus 1 TBS. (50 g) coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line an 8″ x 8″ glass baking pan with parchment so two edges hang over the side of the pan, or spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- In glass measuring cup, melt coconut oil in microwave.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder, the melted coconut oil and eggs with an electric mixer until mixed.
- Next, add in the agave (or honey) and vanilla extract. Mix again until combined.
- Add in the coconut flour and salt and mix again until the batter is thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips. Spread into your 8” x 8” baking pan evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Once cooled, you can either refrigerate them or leave them at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Calories 180.7
- Total Fat 12.7g
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4g
- Protein 1.5g
- Fiber 1.9g
- Serving Size: 1 of 16
- Services 16 people
This is a variation of the recipe shared on Renee’s Kitchen Adventures.
Other Heart-Healthy Recipes
About Georgia Heart Institute
For patients with heart disease, life can be challenging. At Georgia Heart Institute, we help patients manage their heart health and lead fulfilling lives–even for those with advanced heart disease. Learn more about our program and start your journey today.