Patients at Northeast Georgia Medical Center Gainesville can experience an uplifting and therapeutic visit with their pet at the Christian-David Family Pet Park.
Unexpected time away from a pet can be traumatic and stressful for patients – and their pets. NGMC Gainesville is one of the few hospitals in the country to offer patients a dedicated outdoor park to reunite with their pets. This restorative visit can contribute greatly to a patient’s healing and help patients return home sooner.
The outdoor pet park, made possible by a generous gift from Murray and Daphne David to The Medical Center Foundation, complements NGMC’s longstanding inpatient pet therapy program and provides clinicians with an outdoor option for pet therapy.
- To request a visit with your pet, please contact Guest Services at 770-219-2998.
- A Guest Services representative will contact you with visit time options when the Christian-David Family Pet Park is available.
- The park is available for one family at a time.
- The park is open during daylight hours, seven days a week.
- Pet visits are limited to 30 minutes at a time to assure proper rest and care for patients.
- The pet must be in good health and current on all shots and preventative care.
- An adult family member must escort the pet and secure the pet with a leash at all times during the visit.
- The family member must collect any pet waste and dispose of it in the provided waste container.
- Guest Services will meet the family member transporting the pet at the designated parking space in the Spring Lot and escort the family member and pet to and from the pet park.
For additional information, please contact Guest Services at 770-219-2998.