Help for the Holidays Grief Seminar
In-Person and Virtual Attendance
The Annual Grief Seminar of Hospice of NGMC (Registration closed)
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
NGMC Walter Auditorium & Virtual (Zoom)
Facilitator/Speaker: Heather Stang, MA, C-IAYT
Heather Stang, MA, C-IAYT, is the author of Mindfulness & Grief and the guided journal, From Grief To Peace. She is the creator of the Mindfulness & Grief System featured in the Handbook of Grief Therapies (2023) and her online grief support group, Awaken. Heather also hosts the Mindfulness & Grief Podcast and offers mindfulness-based grief support online through her organization, the Mindfulness & Grief Institute.
Her work is grounded in a heartfelt desire to relieve suffering in honor of her Uncle Doug who died by suicide when she was a child. Heather holds a master’s degree in Thanatology from Hood College and is a Certified Yoga Therapist in the Phoenix Rising tradition. Learn more about Heather and her upcoming workshops at www.mindfulnessandgrief.com .
The holidays are supposed to be “that most wonderful time of the year.”
- But what do we do when those we love are no longer here?
- What happens when we lose our reason for celebrating?
- How do we cope when we are facing the holidays alone?
Come join us as nationally recognized author, speaker, and podcaster, Heather Stang, helps us find hope for the coming new year.
This seminar will help those living with grief find inspiration and coping strategies for surviving and thriving the holiday season after a significant loss of a loved one and support professional caregivers through FREE 4.5 CEU hours of skill building to help their clients meet the goals above.
Professional caregivers will receive 4.5 FREE CEU hours approved through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Workers (GSCSW).
- 8:30 AM – Registration & Coffee
- 9:00 – 10:30 AM – “Mindfulness & Grief: Tips for Navigating the Holidays” (1.5 CEUs)
- 10:30 – 10:45 AM – Break
- 10:45 – 11:45 AM – “Self-Compassion as Self-Care: Tending To What Hurts with Kindness” (1.0 CEU)
- 12:00 PM – Lunch (catered)
- 12:30 – 2:40 PM – “Managing Personal Loss in A World that Won’t Stop” (2.0 CEUs)
- 3:00 PM – Day Complete
If you would like to make a donation to the NGHS Foundation to help us provide care to anyone in our region regardless of ability to pay, please visit nghs.com/foundation/hospice/.