Remission, strong hearts and being there for you when you need us — that is our duty.
At Northeast Georgia Health System, we feel a great sense of responsibility to protect the people of Northeast Georgia, through their health, their well-being, their families and their livelihoods. Our complete focus is on making the region a healthier place to live by delivering high-quality healthcare – and it’s something we’ve taken seriously for nearly 70 years.
During that time, we’ve become precisely attuned to the needs of our communities. We’ve grown for the region and with the region, continually investing in our local hospitals, advanced technology and treatments, doctors and staff. In doing so:
- We treated more than 660,000 outpatients and 41,000 inpatients, saw more than 172,000 emergency room visits, performed nearly 600,000 surgeries and procedures and delivered more than 4,300 babies in 2018.
- We provided more than $58 million in charity care in 2018.
- We provide access to more than 800 physicians across more than 50 specialties.
- We have been named in recent years Georgia’s #1 hospital and one of the nation’s 50 Best Hospitals, among dozens of other national and state awards for high-quality care.
- We will welcome 26 resident physicians this summer who will serve as the next generation of healthcare leaders in our community.
Led by volunteer boards made up of community leaders, we are a not-for-profit health system – so all revenue beyond operating costs is returned to the community through improved services and innovative programs. We’ve dedicated ourselves to our community so that you can live your life knowing we’re here when you need us most.
Our Mission and Values
The mission of NGHS is to improve the health of the community in all we do. We strive to meet that goal for every patient, every day. Four core values lie at the heart of this endeavor:
Learn more about our dedication to Respectful Compassion by watching the short clip below:
Learn more about our dedication to Responsible Stewardship by watching the short clip below:
Learn more about our dedication to Deep Interdependence by watching the short clip below:
Learn more about our dedication to Passion for Excellence by watching the short clip below:
The devotion to this mission and these values has played a large role in influencing the creation of a patient care environment at NGHS that is unlike any other.
NGHS has continually been recognized with awards for patient care, workplace environment and much more. In recent years, NGMC has been recognized as Georgia’s #1 hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery and women’s care.