If you’re diagnosed with COVID-19, it’s best to reach out to the Northeast Georgia Physicians Group Urgent Care, Pediatrics, Family Medicine or Internal Medicine location closest to you as soon as possible to find out if you’re eligible for COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibody treatment – also called Regeneron. They’ll help you get an appointment scheduled right away to make sure you receive the treatment during the window in which it’s most effective. This is not a cure for COVID-19, but it can help keep you out of the hospital and reduce the severity and longevity of symptoms.
You may be wondering what this treatment looks like, so we wanted to explain the process, ease any nerves you might have and hopefully answer a few questions along the way. The most important thing to know is that this visit will look much like any other sick visit.
- You’ll call any of our Urgent Care, Pediatrics, Family Medicine or Internal Medicine offices, and let them know you think you’re eligible for Monoclonal Antibody treatment. You will then be scheduled for an appointment with a provider.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you’ll check-in and be taken back to a patient room where the provider will further screen you to confirm your eligibility. Once confirmed, you might receive the treatment that same day, or be scheduled to come in another day.
- Once it’s time for your appointment and you’re settled in a patient room, the provider will come in to administer the treatment. The appointment will take about 1.5 hours, but the actual treatment shouldn’t take long at all.
- There are four injections, all given in the same general area, one after the other — typically this will be spaced out across the abdomen, back of the arm, or thigh. These injections are relatively painless since they use shorter needles. It’s similar to insulin injection.
- Once you receive the treatment, you’ll have to stay at the office for an hour, just so we can observe you for any sort of adverse reactions. Once the observation period is completed, you’ll be free to go home.
With this treatment, we hope you begin feeling better soon!