The holiday season is approaching quickly! We at NGHS want to equip you with ways to have a fun, celebratory holiday season while staying as safe as possible. We understand that this year will look different than years past, but that does not change the beauty of the season. Here is how you can keep yourself and loved ones safe and healthy:
Tips for Celebrating:
- Celebrate outdoors! The CDC says that gathering in groups of people outside is much safer than gathering indoors because there is typically more room to socially distance.
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds or more to prevent the spread of germs.
- Get your vaccinations as soon as possible. Everyone six months and older should receive the flu vaccination to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Take sanitary precautions when preparing food for others. Wash your hands often, wipe off surfaces well, and avoid cross contamination.
- Wear your mask! Wearing a mask has been proven to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses drastically. Keep your loved ones safe by wearing a mask. You can even wear a holiday themed one to bring some holiday spirit!
Safe Holiday Traditions:
There are so many ways to celebrate the holiday season safely, while still having the best time with friends and family. Here are things you can do in the comfort of your own home to get in the holiday spirit.
- Decorate the house with Holiday decor
- Build a gingerbread house
- Make Holiday cookies
- Organize a holiday bake-off
- Participate in gift exchange
- Watch Holiday movies
- Write and send Holiday cards to friends and family
Enjoy this holiday season as much as possible with these fun traditions! Remember to do your part in keeping yourself and others safe.
For more information COVID-19 or staying safe during the holidays, visit the NGHS COVID-19 Information page.