As businesses in the area are beginning to reopen amidst the Coronavirus Pandemic, the message has shifted from “Stay Home” to “Stay Safe.” The information regarding ‘staying safe’ is rather vague. Many different sources are projecting different ways to stay safe, so Dr. James Kruer and Dr. Martin Herrera have set a few general guidelines to keep you healthy when you choose to socialize once again. “We are all in this together,” says Dr. Kruer regarding how we must work as a collective community to flatten the virus’s curve. COVID-19 has proven to spread through communities rapidly, and only through unified action will we beat this. Here are a few ways that are proven to work in stopping the spread:
- Wash your hands often.
- Clean your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer after you encounter others or frequently touched surfaces.
- Don’t shake hands with others, elbow bump instead.
- Continue to maintain social distancing practices.
- Obey guidelines businesses have in place to protect their customers.
- Properly wear your mask when in public.
- Get plenty of Vitamin C and D, Zinc, and exercise.
While protecting yourself against COVID-19 is essential, you must be conscious of your overall health as well. Maintaining your well-being is crucial during these times, so if you need to come to the hospital. NGHS has changed its practices to follow the rules the CDC has put in place so that we can continue to care for our patients.