As our neighbors and the medical community are dealing with the long-term effects of COVID-19, Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is dedicated to providing programs and resources to help our patients and employees heal.
Made possible by community support of the COVID Relief Fund, the NGHS Foundation has teamed up with health system departments and local organizations to fund important initiatives that help those facing mental health challenges.
Your gifts have helped in many ways, and continue to assist our patients, staff and community to heal, by supporting:
- Complementary services, which are individual therapies that supplement conventional medicine that can create an environment that supports patients and families, including counseling and therapeutic music
- Therapy sessions, technology and rejuvenation rooms for staff to rest and heal
- Cognitive behavioral training for staff at Laurelwood, NGHS’ inpatient mental health facility
- Spiritual care facilities and a chaplaincy program on our hospital campuses to help those dealing with life’s difficult situations
- A specialized staff position to help families facing infant loss
- Support groups for a variety of community needs
- A nationally renowned speaker during National Nurses Week, encouraging our staff on the importance of self-care