With video visits through Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG) and Georgia Heart Institute, we’re breaking down barriers so that you can easily access expert care from anywhere.
Enabling you to connect – virtually.
During a video visit, you’ll interact directly with members of your care team to identify, address and treat any health needs. Should you need more in-depth care or in-person services, your practitioner will coordinate everything for you.
Empowering you to feel your best.
NGPG and Georgia Heart Institute are constantly striving to improve and support the health of their patients. That means going beyond providing exceptional care to meet patients exactly where they are.
As a type of telemedicine, video visits provide a safe and accessible way for you to interact directly with your doctor. Rather than seeing your care team in person, you will connect with them using video chat on your phone, computer or tablet.
As long as you have a camera-enabled device with a microphone and stable internet access, you can do your video visit from anywhere!
There are two easy ways to schedule a video visit:
- By Phone: This is the same process you would follow when scheduling a traditional, in-person appointment. Start by calling the office you would like to schedule a video visit with. One of our team members will be happy to walk you through the process and will confirm if a video visit is right for you.
- By Web Contact Form: Simply fill out the Request an Appointment form on Georgia Heart Institute and NGPG websites. (Note: For NGPG appointments, go to the NGPG website, select a specialty, and contact a related provider or location).
Yes! NGPG primary care and specialty care practices, as well as The Georgia Heart Institute both offer video visits for new patients.
Depending on what services you need, an in-person appointment may be recommended.
Should you need any in-person services, your care team will coordinate this process for you. NGPG and Georgia Heart Institute are still offering in-person services with precautions in place to ensure your safety and well-being.
Additionally, certain NGPG practices and Georgia Heart Institute locations have made comprehensive curbside services available for your convenience.
Once you’ve confirmed a video visit with NGPG or Georgia Heart Institute, a team member will reach out to you and provide easy-to-follow instructions.
To make video visits as easy and convenient as possible, we recommend using the Zoom app, which you can download onto your mobile device, desktop computer or tablet.
When it comes time for your video visit, you will launch the Zoom app through your MyChart account. If you haven’t set up a MyChart account, click here.
In addition to video visits, MyChart also provides a secure and personalized way for you to manage all of your health information. From upcoming appointments and medical records to lab results, bill pay and more, MyChart is accessible 24/7
Click here to view step-by-step instructions.
- Make sure you’re using a device that has the following:
- Email Access
- Download Zoom ahead of time and test it with friends and/or family.
- For your visit, we recommend finding a quiet place that also has a strong internet connection.
- Ensure you select ALLOW camera and microphone access if there is a pop-up at the time of your appointment.
- Join your appointment 15 minutes early – this will give you a buffer in the event that you experience any technical difficulties.
Call your doctor’s office – one of our team members will be standing by and ready to help!