Surgery Techniques at Northeast Georgia Medical Center
With 23 operating rooms in Gainesville and 7 operating rooms in Braselton, Northeast Georgia Medical Center's surgical and procedure suites bring real meaning to the term "state-of-the-art." In addition, both the Gainesville and Braselton campuses offer patients the newest da Vinci Surgical System®, the da Vinci Xi, for minimally invasive robotic surgery.
Surgeons at Northeast Georgia Medical Center are performing some of the latest advancements in surgical techniques and often are the first in Northeast Georgia and, in some cases, the first in the state to do so.
Advanced surgery procedures include:
- Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Radical Trachelectomy (fertility preservation option for cervical cancer patients)
- Robotic Surgery
- Single Port Access (SPA)/ Single Incision Laparscopic Surgery (SILS)
- Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (for treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD)
- Vascular Treatments in the Gainesville Endovascular Suite