Surgery Techniques at Northeast Georgia Medical Center
The completion of the North Patient Tower at Northeast Georgia Medical Center represents an important milestone in the evolution of surgical care for all of us living in Northeast Georgia. The 23 new operating rooms, including dedicated space for the da Vinci Surgical System® and a dedicated endovascular suite, bring real meaning to the term "state-of-the-art."
Surgeons at Northeast Georgia Medical Center are performing some of the latest advancements in surgical techniques and often are the first in Northeast Georgia and, in some cases, the first in the state to do so.
Advanced surgery procedures include:
- Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Radical Trachelectomy (fertility preservation option for cervical cancer patients)
- Robotic Surgery
- Single Port Access (SPA)/ Single Incision Laparscopic Surgery (SILS)
- Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (for treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD)
- Vascular Treatments in the Endovascular Suite