Improving the health of our community in all we do.
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a not-for-profit community health system dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. Through the services of a medical staff of more than 500 physicians, the residents of Northeast Georgia enjoy access to the state's finest and most comprehensive medical services.
The Health System offers a full range of healthcare services through its hospital in Gainesville, Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC), which, for 2013, is one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals (according to Healthgrades®) and among only twenty large community hospitals named to Truven Healthcare’s list of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals. NGMC is also recognized as:
- #1 in Georgia and top 5% in the nation for Cardiology
- #1 in Georgia and top 5% in the nation for Coronary Interventions
- #1 in Georgia and top 5% in the nation for General Surgery
- #1 in Georgia and top 5% in the nation for Gastrointestinal Care
- Top 5% in the nation for Critical Care
- Top 5% in the nation for Pulmonary Services
- Top 5% in the nation for Women’s Health
- A recipient of Healthgrades” Joint Replacement Excellence Award
- Accredited with Commendation as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer for Cancer Care
- Accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program and a BCBS Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery
Other facilities throughout northeast Georgia serve to extend NGHS' reach into the region including:
- Medical Plaza 400, a multispecialty medical office buillding in Dawsonville
- A mental health and substance abuse treatment center
- A satellite cancer treatment center
- In-home services such as hospice and Lifeline, a personal emergency response system
- Long-term care centers
- Outpatient imaging centers
- Outpatient rehabilitation centers offering physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Urgent care centers
NGHS is building a new campus in the Greater Braselton area. This 119-acre healthcare village, called River Place, already includes a medical office building (Medical Plaza 1) that houses numerous physician specialties, an urgent care center and outpatient services including imaging, lab and physical and occupational therapy. A 100-bed hospital, Northeast Georgia Medical Center Braselton, is scheduled to open in early 2015.
Led by volunteer boards made up of community leaders, the 557-inpatient, 261-skilled nursing bed Health System serves almost 800,000 people in more than 13 counties across Northeast Georgia. As a not-for-profit health system, all revenue generated above operating expenses is returned to the community through improved services and innovative programs. Northeast Georgia Medical Center's Charity Care Policy supports the provision of care for indigent patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
In 2001, NGHS celebrated our 50th year of serving northeast Georgia. To download a PDF copy of the 50th anniversary tabloid, which chronicles our history, click here. You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read the tabloid. If you don't have Reader, you can download a free copy by clicking here.
Learn more about Gainesville and Hall County by visiting www.greaterhallchamber.com.