Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a not-for-profit community health system dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. Through the services of a medical staff of more than 500 physicians, the residents of northeast Georgia enjoy access to the state's finest and most comprehensive medical services.
The Health System offers a full range of healthcare services through Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC), with two hospital campuses in Braselton and Gainesville. NGMC is rated Georgia's #1 Hospital, and #2 in the nation, by CareChex. CareChex also recognizes NGMC as:
- Georgia’s #1 Surgery Hospital
- Georgia’s #1 Heart Hospital
- Georgia’s #1 Orthopedic Surgery Hospital
- Georgia’s #1 Vascular Surgery Hospital
- Georgia’s #1 Women’s Hospital
- Georgia’s #1 Neurological Hospital
- Georgia’s #1 Pulmonary Hospital
Campuses & Locations
There are are several NGHS locations to serve you throughout northeast Georgia:
- NGMC Braselton
- NGMC Gainesville
- Medical Office Buildings
- Urgent Care Centers
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Long-Term Care Centers
- Sleep Centers
- A mental health and substance abuse treatment center
- A satellite cancer treatment center
- In-home services such as hospice and Lifeline, a personal emergency response system
Those We Serve
Led by volunteer boards made up of community leaders, the Health System serves almost 800,000 people in more than 13 counties across Northeast Georgia. As a not-for-profit health system, all revenue generated above operating expenses is returned to the community through improved services and innovative programs. Northeast Georgia Medical Center's Charity Care Policy supports the provision of care for indigent patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
In 2001, NGHS celebrated our 50th year of serving northeast Georgia.
Learn more about the communities we serve by visiting www.greaterhallchamber.com.