Call 770-219-3835 to make a referral today!
The goal of The Rehabilitation Institute's Inpatient Rehabilitation Program is to help the people we serve become as independent as possible for a safe and successful return to home.
Each patient's program is highly individualized and dependent upon each person’s needs. We encourage family members or any other member of the patient’s support system to be actively involved in the patient’s care and to attend therapy sessions whenever possible, so they may reinforce new techniques being taught and encourage their loved one. Research has found a correlation between family involvement and the rate in which patients return home.
Our outcomes are measured and compared to regional and national data to ensure we maintain state-of-the-art treatment. Click the links below for more detailed information about our outcomes and the people we serve:
Any adult patient who has suffered an accident, illness or injury accompanied by a significant functional limitation that prevents a return to home and community is a candidate for inpatient rehabilitation services at the Rehabilitation Institute. Patients in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Program have functional disabilities in one or more of the following areas:
- activities of daily living
- pain management
- bowel or bladder control
- emotional functioning
To be considered for admission, candidates must exhibit the following characteristics:
- Functional loss that would require the treatment of at least two of the following therapies: physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech- language pathology
- The ability to actively participate in our intensive program of therapies, which is scheduled at a minimum of 3 hours per day, 5 days per week
- A medical condition or conditions that would require close monitoring and management by our medical team led by a physiatrist (a physician who specializes in rehabilitation medicine) and rehabilitation nursing
- Have a support system of family, friends and/or caregivers who would aid in the safe transition from rehab to home
Patients considered for admission to The Rehabilitation Institute will represent diverse cultural backgrounds that are consistent with the diversity of our service area.
Referring a Patient
To make a referral, call 770-219-3835. An intake coordinator will schedule an on-site evaluation at no charge. If the patient meets the admission criteria, arrangements for admission will be coordinated with the referral source. If the patient does not meet admission criteria, the coordinator will make recommendations to other appropriate resources.
Fees, deductibles, and out-of-pocket maximums differ for every patient, depending on specific insurance plans and program services provided, and amounts already applied to out-of-pocket costs in the current calendar year. For an estimate of benefits, please contact our Admissions department at 770-219-3835.