At the Fraser Resource Center & Health Sciences Library, hospital staff members, as well as patients and their families, can learn more about medical symptoms, conditions and treatments in a peaceful, supportive environment. A professional librarian is available to help guests find up-to-date information from reliable sources, so that you can make healthy choices and become an active, informed partner in your healthcare. The Fraser Resource Center & Health Sciences Library is open to guests Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and is located on the first floor of the North Patient Tower, across from the McKibbon Chapel.
The Fraser Resource Center & Health Sciences Library offers:
- A large collection of books and audiovisual materials, in both English and Spanish, including special medical resources not widely available
- Three guest computers with internet access, as well as Wi-Fi wireless internet for guests with their own laptops
- Health books and computer games for children in both English and Spanish
- Resources for medical professionals including computers, medical journals and periodicals, and books about health information topics
- An online library catalog of all available print and electronic materials
Need help? A librarian can assist you with literature searches, article requests, and research help. They are also available for library tours and personal instruction sessions to get you on the right track with your health information needs. Just email the library at email@example.com, or call the library front desk at 770-219-5216.
Medline Plus: Search for easy-to-read health information, in English and Spanish – including videos, pictures and interactive lessons – from the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
Healthfinder: Search for easy-to-read health information, in English and Spanish,from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Hall County Library System: The local public library system has access to a wide range of health materials available for checkout to Georgia residents.
Foothills AHEC: A resource center for people in Northeast Georgia interested in a career in health care
The National Library of Medicine: Search for health information of all types from the National Library of Medicine, including academic journal articles in PubMed.
NGHS Online Library Catalog: Search all NGHS library materials.
Northeast Georgia Health System is committed to improving the health of our community in all we do. Thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor we are able to provide access to professional library staff services and in-house use of consumer-focused informational health materials.