The Cancer Center at Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) is accredited with commendation from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program.
Other recent awards include:
- 2007 Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer (placing the Cancer Center in the top 6% in the nation).
- 2007 American Society of Breast Surgeons’ Mammosite® Registry award in recognition of continued participation and outstanding contribution to the research of breast cancer.
Comprehensive Cancer Care
The Cancer Center at Northeast Georgia Medical Center cares for more than 1,600 newly diagnosed cancer patients each year as well as recurrent cancer patients with ongoing treatment needs.
An experienced team of board-certified physician specialists and clinical oncology professionals work together to provide an array of programs and services to meet the needs of cancer patients and their families.
The Patient Navigation Program at NGMC also provides cancer patients with guidance throughout their cancer journey. Services include:
- Helping patients understand their diagnosis
- Communicating with healthcare staff and providers
- Addressing logistical issues such as transportation needs
- Helping patients understand medical terms and treatment options
- Providing emotional support
- Providing community resources that can help with financial support
Advanced Treatment Options
The Cancer Center offers some of the latest treatment options including:
- State-of-the-art radiation therapy, including stereotactic radiation therapy (SRT)
- Advanced chemotherapy
- Gynecological oncology
- Advanced surgical oncology, including robotic surgery treatments
- Biologic and hormone therapies
- Prostate seed implant therapy
- Sentinel node biopsy
- 60+ ongoing cancer clinical trials
The Cancer Center at Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC)
743 Spring Street NE
Gainesville, GA 30501
Click here for a map to the Cancer Center at NGMC
Toccoa Cancer Center (TCC)
1640 Falls Rd
Toccoa, GA 30577
* Services offered at the TCC include radiation therapy, chemotherapy, cancer education and clinical trials.
Click here for a map to the Toccoa Cancer Center
For more information about services available at the Cancer Center, call 770-219-8800.