A cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming. From the fear of the unknown to navigating the healthcare system, the Cancer Center understands that it can be a confusing process. That’s why we now offer a service that takes care beyond the clinical level.
The Patient Navigation program provides cancer patients with guidance throughout their cancer journey. Services include:
- Helping to schedule tests or appointments
- Communicating with healthcare staff and providers
- Addressing logistical issues such as transportation needs
- Helping patients understand medical terms and treatment options
- Providing emotional support
The Cancer Center offers the community two patient navigators as part of a comprehensive Patient Navigation Program:
- Lisa Bridges, RN, BSN, a certified breast health navigator who works exclusively with breast cancer patients, and
- Elida Lopez, an American Cancer Society patient resource navigator who assists all other cancer patients. Elida is bilingual.
Funded in part by a grant from Healthcare Georgia Foundation on behalf of the American Cancer Society, this program is FREE and available to anyone undergoing treatment at the Cancer Center.
For more information about the Patient Navigation program call (770) 219-5857 or email email@example.com.