Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s North Patient Tower is home to two state-of-the-art surgical suites dedicated exclusively to vascular surgery. Each suite is equipped with advanced technology and resources to care for more than 2,000 patients each year:
- Videoscopes, cameras and high-definition monitors enhance physicians’ view of procedures as they are performed.
- Nurses and technologists are highly-specialized in, and dedicated to, vascular procedures.
Specialised Surgical Suites
Endovascular Operating Room (EVOR)
- Combines traditional operating room with a catheterization lab
- Designed for treating complex vascular cases
Convenient for performing angioplasty, stenting and treating:
- aortic dissection
- severe trauma
- less invasive procedures
- less moving of patients
- quicker recoveries
Vascular Operating Room
- Used exclusively for surgical treatment of peripheral vascular disease (PAD)
Surgeries correct blockages or problems which occur outside the heart, restoring healthy blood flow to the brain or other vital organs.