Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s North Patient Tower is home to two state-of-the-art surgical suites dedicated exclusively to vascular surgery. Each suite is equipped with advanced technology and resources to care for more than 2,000 patients each year:
- Videoscopes, cameras and high-definition monitors enhance physicians’ view of procedures as they are performed.
- Nurses and technologists are highly-specialized in, and dedicated to, vascular procedures.
Specialised Surgical Suites
- Endovascular Operating Room (EVOR)
- Combines traditional operating room with a catheterization lab
- Designed for treating complex vascular cases
- Convenient for performing angioplasty, stenting and treating:
- aortic dissection
- severe trauma
- Benefits include:
- less invasive procedures
- less moving of patients
- quicker recoveries
- Vascular Operating Room
- Used exclusively for surgical treatment of peripheral vascular disease (PAD)
- Surgeries correct blockages or problems which occur outside the heart, restoring healthy blood flow to the brain or other vital organs.