Georgia Heart Institute is a comprehensive cardiovascular program, offering patients access to specialty-trained cardiologists, nationally renowned surgeons, advanced technology, leading research and care teams that are dedicated to helping you on your heart health journey.
Whether you need preventative care and early monitoring because you have some of the risk factors for heart disease or advanced care for a more complex condition, Georgia Heart Institute offers some of the region’s most cutting-edge treatments in a single program that is designed to help you through every step of the process.
Heart & Vascular Care in Braselton
Our heart and vascular doctors and specialized staff in Braselton offer a wide range of services to help keep your heart healthy.
- Evaluations of chest pain, murmurs, palpitations and syncope
- Patient education
- Long-term disease management (e.g. hypertension, high cholesterol, coronary artery disease and more)
- Preventative cardiology
- Blood Pressure checks
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Holter & Event Monitor (placement/monitoring)
- Coumadin/Anticoagulant Clinic (screenings and medication adjustments)
- Comprehensive Blood Tests
- Total Cholesterol, LDL, HDL, Triglycerides, non-HDL
- High-sensitivity C-reactive protein, Lipoprotein, Plasma ceramides, Natriuretic peptides, Troponin T
- Genetic Testing for Heart Failure
Our heart and vascular imaging is provided on the first floor of Northeast Georgia Medical Center Braselton.
- Echo/Vascular Testing
- Stress Echo
- Dobutamine Stress Echo
- Transesophageal Echo (TEE)
- Aorta IVC Iliac Complete
- Arterial Duplex Scan/ includes:
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI)
- Scan to rule out pseudoaneurysm
- Abdominal Ultrasound (to rule out abdominal aortic aneurysm)
- Venous Duplex Scan with/without reflux
- Carotid Duplex Scan
- Ankle Brachial Index Screening
- Stress Ankle Brachial Index (lower extremity)
- Renal Artery Duplex
- Aorta Ultrasound
- Nuclear Testing
- Nuclear Exercise Treadmill Stress Test
- Dobutamine Stress Test
- Pulse Volume Recording (with treadmill exercise)
- Cardiac MRI
- Cardiac Calcium Score testing
- Electrophysiology studies
Provided onsite at Northeast Georgia Medical Center Braselton, Georgia Heart Institute offers our patients an AACVPR Certified Cardiopulmonary Rehab program. With wrap-around support for patients and customized, clinically monitored exercise programs, we can help patients recovering from a recent procedure or who have a recent heart disease diagnosis improve their quality of life and recover more quickly.
Our program utilizes physical activity, culinary medicine, advanced screenings and cutting-edge treatments to help patients with:
- Managing heart disease risk factors, including lipids
- Identifying diseases in their earliest most treatable stages
- Improving quality of life and outcomes after a cardiac event or disease diagnosis
With specialized training to detect and treat irregular heart rhythms, our electrophysiologists at Georgia Heart Institute offer some of the most advanced expertise available in the region for diagnosing and treating arrhythmias.
Whether you are in the earlier stages of your diagnosis or a more advanced stage, our electrophysiologists are here to keep your heart healthy. We offer implantation of pacemakers or implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD) in Braselton and ongoing monitoring for these devices.
Our Braselton location offers access to our Heart Failure Center through our fellowship-trained Advanced Heart Failure & Heart Transplant physicians. If you have heart failure, our specialized physicians can manage your disease and coordinate your care, ensuring better outcomes for your condition. At this location, we offer diagnostics, disease management and advanced monitoring options through CardioMEMS implantation.
Our interventional cardiologists utilize minimally invasive techniques to diagnose and even treat the entire spectrum of cardiovascular diseases. In our state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization lab, we offer outpatient procedures ranging from robotic angioplasties to coronary stenting.
We also offer specialized emergency cardiac care through NGMC Braselton and our cardiac cath lab, including STEMI protocol, a life-saving catheter-based approach for even the most severe forms of heart attack.
The Vascular Surgery program at Georgia Heart Institute is equipped to treat the complete range of vascular diseases, from routine and common conditions to the most complex and advanced. Our surgeons work to identify and diagnose vascular conditions in their earliest and most treatable stages, providing access to the most advanced minimally invasive or laser-based therapies to treat vascular and vein issues.
As of October 2023, this office no longer accepts cash payment. Please be prepared to use a credit card, debit card or check to pay for services. You may also make your payment through MyChart during eCheck-In.