Interventional Pain Medicine
Northeast Georgia Medical Center provides access to interventional pain medicine physicians who offer comprehensive treatment options for acute and chronic pain.
Some common types of pain treated by interventional pain medicine physicians include: spine and nerve pain; musculoskeletal pain; hip, shoulder and knee pain; severe headaches, vertebral compression fractures and sacroiliac joint pain.
Typical Interventional Treatment Options Include:
- Image-guided procedures
- Epidural steroid injections
- Facet injections
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Nerve blocks
- Radiofrequency neurolysis
- Joint injections
- Discograms/non-surgical disc treatments
- Sympathetic nerve blocks of all types
- Botox injections
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy