Give us your time, we’ll give you the tools.
At the Joint Care Center, your success is our priority. That’s why we offer a FREE pre-surgical ecucation class to give you the tools you’ll need to have a great experience and an excellent outcome during and after your surgery. This class is required for anyone having total joint replacement surgery at NGMC.
Taught by one of our specially trained Orthopedic Nurse Navigators, our joint success class covers everything you need to know to prepare you for surgery, including:
- What to expect (before, during and after surgery)
- The role of your “coach” or caregiver
- Pre-surgery and post-surgery exercises
- Tips to prevent falls at home
- Assistive equipment and joint protection
- Discharge planning, including insurance and obtaining equipment
- Pre-surgical paperwork
Patients are also given a comprehensive, patient-friendly guidebook that helps educate them on the entire hip and knee replacement process. The guide was developed specifically by NGMC’s Joint Care Center physicians, and explains how to prepare for:
- The pre-operative hospital visit
- What exercises to perform prior to and after surgery
- The post-operative care process
- How to care for your joint replacement while recovering at home
Who Can Attend
Patients scheduled for surgery at the Joint Care Center will be asked to attend one education class 2-3 weeks before surgery. We strongly suggest you bring a family member or friend to act as your “coach.”
Connect with us today!
Are you ready to talk with a member of Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s orthopedic care team? Here are three ways you can get started:
Connect with us using our short online form.
Choose a doctor from our expert orthopedic team.