Published on July 17, 2008Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s (NGMC) Cardiac Services encourages everyone to be proactive about cardiovascular health and will offer a day of vascular screenings for women at The Imaging Center Braselton on Wednesday, Aug. 6.
While cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women, it has traditionally been thought of as a man’s disease. These days, more women are paying attention to their heart health than ever before.
Women are encouraged to make an appointment for vascular screenings at The Imaging Center Braselton on Wednesday, Aug. 6. From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., women will be able to receive six key tests for only $199, including:
- Carotid Arterial Scan (checks for leading cause of stroke)
- Ankle-Brachial Index (checks for peripheral artery disease)
- Lipid panel (blood cholesterol levels)
- Abdominal Arterial Scan (checks for plaque in aorta)
- EKG (measure’s the heart’s electrical rhythms)
- Wellness profile (detailed health survey)
To make an appointment for the screenings, call (770)538-7641. The Imaging Center Braselton is located at 5737 Thompson Mill Road, Hoschton, next to The Braselton Clinic.