Published on May 08, 201305/08/2013
GAINESVILLE, Ga. – Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) named Nancy Perrin, RN, the 2013 Employee of the Year during the second of three events the organization is hosting this week to recognize long tenured employees for their service.
“As a charge nurse in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Nancy serves our tiniest, most fragile patients,” said Carol Burrell, President and CEO of NGHS. “Her dedication to all aspects of her job – from patient care, to assisting families, to helping coworkers – is truly inspirational.”
Nancy has worked at Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) for 18 years. Her peers describe her as a true leader who is fair, consistent, flexible, honest and loyal. Nancy is known for covering several shifts when necessary, continuing her professional education when possible and routinely exercising excellent judgment. Nancy has been married to James Perrin for 18 years, and they have two children: Emily (12) and Matthew (9). She loves watching her children play sports, vacationing at the beach and couponing.
During the week, NGHS is holding three celebration events recognizing 743 employees for their tenures:
- 342 for five years of service
- 199 employees for 10 years of service
- 91 employees for 15 years of service
- 41 employees for 20 years of service
- 27 employees for 25 years of service
- 27 employees for 30 years of service
- 10 employees for 35 years of service
- Six employees for 40 years of service.