Individual Nutrition Weight Loss Counseling
The Bariatric Weight Loss Center at NGMC understands that surgery is not the right option for everyone. That’s why we also offer non-surgical options, such as individual nutrition counseling, for those wishing to lose weight or maintain their current weight.
Whether you just need a step in the right direction or a complete revamp of your diet, the Bariatric Weight Loss Center can help you get back on track to a healthy weight with:
- One-on-one sessions with a registered dietitian
- Comprehensive nutrition and lifestyle assessment to determine your specific needs
- Individualized goal setting
- Practical tips and strategies to make healthy eating a reality, with topics such as:
- Easy meal planning
- Portion control
- Coping with emotional eating
- Eating out
- Managing hunger and appetite
Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
An initial consultation visit with the Registered Dietitian is required and usually takes 30 minutes to an hour. The cost for this consultation is $60. Any desired follow-up visits are offered for an additional $42 and usually take one hour.
Se habla espanol.
Why seek nutrition counseling?
- To improve health and quality of life by better managing or preventing chronic health conditions impacted by diet, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer and joint pain
- To feel more confident in planning and preparing healthy meals and snacks
- To learn lifelong habits that promote weight management and a healthy lifestyle
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call the Bariatric Weight Loss Center