A program of Northeast Georgia Health System Auxiliary.
Thank you for your interest in exploring volunteer opportunities. The Teen Volunteer program offers high school students a rewarding way to spend a portion of their summer and continue volunteering within the school year. Volunteering at one of the hospital campuses or within one of the long-term care facilities is a great opportunity for teens to explore healthcare careers while assisting with non-clinical volunteer duties in a variety of service areas. Teen Volunteers brighten lives and make such lasting impressions on the patients and families served.
Please be advised that Teen Volunteer applications are accepted in the month of February, and the placements are limited. The program is typically filled before the end of February.
Please carefully review the NGHS Volunteer Services Handbook
Application Requirements for Summer 2020
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be 15 years of age by June 1, 2020
- Be enrolled as a high school student with acceptable grades
- Please only submit one application
- Commit to serving a minimum of 30 hours within 4-8 weeks during the summer program
- Have a positive attitude with a sincere desire to give their time and service in support of others
- Provide documentation of 2 MMR vaccinations or MMR titers
- Provide documentation of Varicella immunization
- Attend Teen Volunteer Orientation on May 4, 2020
How to Apply
- Download and complete the following items:
- Mail, email or personally deliver your completed application, teacher reference form and background authorization form to the location of your choosing:
NGMC Gainesville – Program is Full
743 Spring Street
Gainesville, Georgia 30501
Please be aware a minimal number of new Teen Volunteers will be accepted at the campuses of NGMC Barrow and NGMC Lumpkin due to the campus size.
- Upon receiving your completed application, we will email you instructions for scheduling your interview.
- Bring the following to your Interview:
- MMR documentation
- Varicella documentation
- Review Additional Information:
For help with the application process, feel free to call any of the following NGMC locations:
- NGMC Barrow: 770-848-1830
- NGMC Braselton: 770-848-1890
- NGMC Gainesville: 770-219-1830
- NGMC Lumpkin: 770-219-1830