Prevent T2- Information Session
Prevent T2 is a CDC- recognized lifestyle change program designed to help people who have pre-diabetes cut their risk in half for developing type 2 diabetes. This is a year long program (once a week sessions for 16 weeks and then 1-2 sessions per month until the program is complete). Participants will learn how to eat healthy without giving up all the foods they love, add physical activity to their busy schedules, cope with stress and the challenges that can derail their hard work.
To qualify for this event participants must:
- Be 18 or older
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25 or more (23 or more if Asian American)
- Not be previously diagnosed with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes
- Not be pregnant
And meet 1 of the following conditions:
- Have an A1c showing prediabetes
- Previously diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes
- Have a high risk result on a prediabetes risk test
Joining the Virtual Event:
We will send a link and information to join virtually to all registrants.
Participants will get a free 6 month membership to the J.A. Walters YMCA with enrollment.
Registered Dietitian Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist