Northeast Georgia Health System is home to an ACPE accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) center, which is focused on offering area clergy practical theological education in a clinical setting through the action-reflection-action clinical model.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in participating in a NGHS CPE education experience:
- You may download the NGHS Clinical Spiritual Education Application.
- We prefer that you email your completed application to CPE@nghs.com, although we will also accept a paper copy (one-sided only, no staples). You may also fax the application to the Spiritual Education Department at (770) 219-2904.
Pay attention to these important details to include with your application:
- Please use your handwritten signature on the form pages. These need to be actual signatures, and not electronic.
- Make sure to include the essay answers (approximately 10 pages total for items 1-8). Do not staple your application.
- If you have completed previous units of CPE, please double check that your signed educator and any self-evaluations from ALL previous CPE units are included. You will not be considered for an interview without these!
- If you have completed previous units of CPE, please make sure you have included a verbatim as your helping incident AND make sure to include reflection of peer / educator feedback.
- You may pay in-person, or mail a $60 non-refundable application fee by cash, check (payable to NGMC with “CPE FEE” in memo line), or money order to “The Department of Spiritual Care, 743 Spring Street, Gainesville, GA 30501”.
- If you are selected for an interview and subsequently an internship, the tuition for the unit is $500. A non-refundable $250 “Hold Seat” deposit, which will be applied to the tuition, is due at the time of acceptance. The remaining tuition will be required before the end of the unit. There is no tuition for the residency program, but a non-refundable “Hold Seat” deposit of $150 will be required at the time of acceptance.
Thank you for your interest in CPE at NGHS. We look forward to receiving your application.
All students please note the following:
This ACPE CPE center guarantees to its students the rights to inspect and review education records, to seek to amend them, to specified control over the release of record information, and to file a complaint against the program for alleged violations of the Family Education and Privacy (FERPA) rights.