The Rehabilitation Institute at Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) provides neuropsychology assessments for teens and adults who experience:
- Drastic changes in thinking and memory
- Brain injury
- Any medical condition that can affect behavior or cognitive skills
If you need a neuropsychology assessment, a referral from your physician is usually required. Your physician may order an assessment to:
- Measure your ability to make safe decisions
- Determine if you are ready to return to work or start driving again
- Rule out depression or other psychiatric factors in cognition
- Evaluate your thought processes before or after a surgery
- Test for possible dementia or delirium
Call 770-219-8204 if you have questions or are interested in scheduling an assessment.
Dr. James Mullin is board certified in clinical neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology and the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology. He is fellowship trained in neuropsychology, having completed post-doctoral training at Shepherd Center/ Emory University Center for Rehabilitation Medicine. Neuropsychology is a service of The Rehabilitation Institute of NGMC.
The Rehabilitation Institute in Gainesville offers a comprehensive Pre-Driving Evaluation for people with an illness, injury or overall decline in function that may affect their ability to drive safely. Please be aware that a physician’s referral is required for the Pre-Driving Evaluation.
This Pre-Driving Evaluation is conducted by a licensed Occupational Therapist and includes a standardized assessment – including but not limited to the following:
- Visual acuity and scanning
- Visual perceptual skills
- Balance and Range of Motion
- Reaction Time
- Cognitive processing skills
- Knowledge of Road Law and Road Craft Skills
Following the evaluation – which often requires 2-3 one hour sessions to complete – a report will be sent to the referring physician. The physician will discuss the results with the patient and make recommendations as appropriate.
Warning signs a person may need a Pre-Driving Evaluation:
- Drives to quickly or too slowly
- Needs help or instructions from passengers
- Ignores signs and signals
- Makes slow or poor decisions
- Easily frustrated or confused
- Has a pattern of getting lost, even in familiar areas
- Accidents or near misses
- Drifts across lane markings into other lanes
- Has poor road position or makes wide turns
- Misses important things like signals, signage, or pedestrians
- Failure to yield
- Difficulty interpreting traffic situations
Please note that this evaluation does not include an “On Road” assessment
If you believe that you or someone you know may be in need of the Pre-Driving Evaluation, call 770-219-8200.
The Rehabilitation Institute in Braselton offers a wheelchair seating and mobility clinic for people with various disabilities, examples of which include:
A certified and experienced assistive technology practitioner provides a comprehensive evaluation to help patients choose the most appropriate seating and mobility device to increase their safety, independence, and quality of life.
Serviced provided include:
- Postural evaluation
- Wheelchair evaluation
- Pressure mapping evaluation
We recommend patients select a durable medical equipment supplier, or a person who provides medical equipment, before the evaluation. The supplier should be present during the evaluation to explain different equipment options and answer questions about pricing, payment options, delivery, repairs, and other services. Please note that The Rehabilitation Institute does not sell or provide any equipment.
If you believe that you or someone you know may benefit from this clinic, call 770-848-6160.
The Rehabilitation Institute Braselton
Medical Plaza 1
1515 River Place Ste. 290
Braselton, GA 30517770-848-6160
Contact us today at 770-219-8200 to learn more about the Acute Rehabiliation program at Northeast Georgia Medical Center.