The teen volunteer program offers high school students a great opportunity to explore careers in healthcare as they assist with non-clinical volunteer duties and contribute to the quality of customer service at hospital campuses. Also, it provides teens the opportunity to learn the importance of giving back to their community. The program is typically filled by the first of March, and placements are limited. Teens are welcome to serve during the school year after completing the summer program.
Application Requirements for Summer 2017
- Teens must be 15-years-old by June 1 to apply
- Enrolled as a high school student with acceptable grades and school reference
- Commit to serving a minimum of 30 hours within a 4 to 8 week period during the summer
- Have a positive attitude with a sincere desire to give of their time and service in support of others
- Documentation of 2 MMR vaccinations or MMR titers
- Documentation of Varicella immunization of immunity
- Flu vaccination, if serving during flu season
- Attend Teen Volunteer Orientation in May (date TBD)
- To apply, download the following items:
- Contact the campus where the teen is interested in volunteering to schedule an interview.
- Teens will need to bring all documentation, including health requirements, to the interview.
- NGMC Braselton – 770-848-1830
- NGMC Gainesville – 770-219-1830