D. IRB Jurisdiction
The following studies shall be subject to NGHS IRB review:
- Studies either conducted by or participated in by staff members of NGHS, medical or non-medical, when they are representing NGHS.
- Studies conducted within NGHS facilities or property.
- Studies conducted using private information under the jurisdiction of NGHS
- Studies conducted in a private practice or by community investigators but using NGHS facilities or services for standard, non-investigational procedures.
The following studies may be reviewed by the IRB:
- Studies conducted by part time staff members outside the scope of their employment and the confines of the institution, and
- Studies conducted by community investigators with or without access to an institutionally based IRB.