Unless otherwise noted, all services are available at Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC), 743 Spring Street, in Gainesville and the Toccoa Cancer Center (TCC), 1640 Falls Road, in Toccoa.
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Provides acute care for inpatients
- Inpatient chemotherapy administered by experienced oncology nurses
American Cancer Society National Cancer Information Center
- 24/7 hotline
- Nutritional information available
Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Ensures State compliance for cancer reporting
- Compiles incidence and mortality statistical reports
- Coordinates cancer conferences for prospective treatment recommendations
Cancer Information Line (NGMC)
- A free telephone service for northeast Georgia communities
- Provides information, education and resources to cancer patients, family members and the general public
Case Managers / Financial Counseling
Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- An experienced oncology nurse case manager available during regular hours for patients and families
- Facilitates access to cancer treatment and payment resources
- Assists in resolving logistical, financial, emotional or other situations that may alter the treatment plan
Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Offers patients diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to participate in nationwide clinical trials sponsored by the National Cancer Institute and other research institutions
Hospice of Northeast Georgia Medical Center
2150 Limestone Parkway, Suite 222; Gainesville
Hours: M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Hospice of NGMC provides care in the home and in qualified nursing homes for the physical, emotional, spiritual and practical needs of the dying person and his or her family
- Care includes on-call support 24 hours a day, seven days a week; bereavement support is also available for family and loved ones
- Criteria for admission to the program include a life threatening illness with the desire for supportive care rather than aggressive treatment of the disease
Imaging Centers Gainesville and Braselton
Gainesville: (770) 219-8035; Medical Park 1, 1315 Jesse Jewell Pkwy.
Braselton: (770) 848-6150; Medical Plaza 1; 5875 Thompson Mill Rd. Suite 190
Hours: M-F, 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.; Weekends by appointment
- Provides plain films, fluoroscopy, CT scans, MRI, mammography, bone density and ultrasound services
- Available on inpatient and outpatient basis by appointment
Outpatient Infusion Service
(770) 219-5512 (NGMC)
Hours: M-F, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Provides infusion services including chemotherapy, antibiotic therapy and blood transfusions for outpatients
- One of 25 Cancer State Aid approved sites in Georgia
Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Chaplain visits
- Contact with personal pastor
- Devotional literature available
- Chapel available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Chapel services on Sunday
Gainesville: (770) 219-1824; NGMC Outpatient Services Building
Toccoa: (770) 297-7023; Toccoa Cancer Center, 1640 Falls Rd.
Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (NGMC); M-F, 8 a.m. - 4: 30 p.m. (TCC)
- CT and fluoroscopic simulation
- External beam conformal therapy
- Interstitial and intracavitary brachytheraphy (NGMC)
- Prostate seed implants (NGMC)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)--NGMC only
Support Groups for Patients, Families and Caregivers
Referral and access to hospital and community support groups
- Cancer support groups
- Breast cancer support groups
- Individual counseling
- Bereavement classes and summer bereavement camps for children
The Wound / Ostomy / Continence Center (WOC)
NGMC Lanier Park; 675 White Sulphur Rd.
Hours: M-F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Weekends: nurse on call
- State-of-the-art techniques to help patients with wounds that are slow to heal or are not healing properly
- Ostomy services for patients who have had surgery following gastrointestinal or genitourinary tract disease
- Offers contact castings to relieve wound pressure, fittings for containment devices and traditional WOC services