Before Your Surgery
Thank you for choosing Northeast Georgia Medical Center for your surgical procedure. The information in this section will help you understand our surgical process, let you know what to expect during your stay and help you know who to ask about your Pre-Surgical Testing.
Before you come in for your scheduled surgical procedure:
You will be scheduled for a Pre-Surgical Testing visit. This visit allows us to collect your medical history, assess your risk for surgery, and develop the best plan for you. It will also allow you to ask any questions you may have, and become familiar with the hospital.
|Click here to download our Surgical Procedure Guide for Gainesville|
|Click here to download our Surgical Procedure Guide for Braselton|
Review the patient instructions for your procedure. It is very important that you review and understand your pre-operative instructions. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your procedure being rescheduled.
If you have any questions for the staff at Northeast Georgia Medical Center please call Pre-Surgical Testing in Gainesville at 770-219-3845 or Pre-Surgical Testing in Braselton at 770-848-3845.
Helpful hints for your family
- The hospital tends to be cool, so a light jacket or sweater may make your family member(s) more comfortable while they wait.
- The hospital has a cafeteria and bistro where family members can dine for a reasonable price. There are also several vending room areas.
- Because of the amount of time it takes for preprocedure and day-of-procedure activities, we strongly discourage bringing any small children to the waiting or surgery areas unless they are the patient.
- It is helpful to the Medical Center staff if you choose a person who will be the point of contact for condition updates. The contact person can also pre-arrange with other family members and friends to call them with updates at specific times.
- Due to limited parking and waiting area seating, we ask that you please limit the number of family members who come with you the day of your procedure.